Do you enjoy working with elementary age children? Vancouver School District is looking for some of our high school students to be camp counselors. This is an unpaid, volunteer opportunity.
*LOOKING FOR OUTDOOR SCHOOL COUNSELORS*
Dear Vancouver School District high school students,
Hazel Dell Elementary, Franklin Elementary, and Harney Elementary are looking for Vancouver Outdoor School camp counselors.
Camp counselors have a fun job, but with the fun comes a lot of responsibility. Counselors oversee groups of children actively engaged in learning, hiking, field science, and more; ensuring that all of the kids’ needs – emotional and physical – are met.
- Available February 14-16th (Wednesday-Friday) to attend Vancouver Outdoor School at the Cispus Learning Center (You will need permission from your parent/guardian to miss these 3 days of school, please work with your school counselor.)
- Commitment to attend Counselors’ Weekend, Date: TBD
- Able to attend after-school or weekend meetings for training, planning, or preparing for camp
Other duties include:
- Preparing materials for students in your cabin group prior to camp
- Creating camp name, group theme, group skit, and counselor song ideas before training weekend
It takes a lot to be a camp counselor, however taking on this role gives you an excellent opportunity to build skills that will help you throughout your academic career, personal life, and future endeavors!
Sound like the right job for you?
Outdoor School Counselor Application
Questions? Contact Tabitha.Vestal@vansd.org or Bernardo.Rodriguez@vansd.org
We look forward to hearing from you,
Vancouver School District Outdoor School Staff