VSAA Students and Families:
Welcome back for the 2020-21 school year! School will begin on Tuesday, September 1st. I know last spring presented some challenges, and the end of our school year was not quite the joyful celebration we are accustomed to. Therefore, as you can imagine, we are very excited to begin a new school year. While we may not all be together in person yet, we look forward to the opportunity as soon as it is an option.
- VSAA is welcoming several new staff members:
- Tiffany Morrisey will officially join us this year as a middle school science and math teacher. She served as Kelsey Hudson’s long-term sub last year.
- Victor Johnson is also back. He will be teaching middle school and high school social studies. Victor was Jody Adams’ long-term sub and then took over for Jason Welch during his deployment.
- Sheyla Mattos will be teaching 3 periods of dance. Sheyla previously worked at VSAA, is the parent of an alumnus, and also teaches elementary creative movement.
To help get all of our students off to a positive start to the year, we are offering online orientations for all students and their parents on August 20, 21, or 24. Please sign up for a date and time here. During this orientation, we will share our plans for remote learning as well as in-person classes when they resume, some tips to staying on track, and answer questions you may have. We will send you a Zoom link prior to the orientation.
We are holding a translated orientation with our Spanish-speaking families on August 20th from 4:00-5:00 PM. You will receive a link and information from Stephanie Ongtooguk, our translator.
We are holding a translated orientation with our Russian-speaking families on August 21st from 4:00-5:00 PM. You will receive a link and information from Viktoriya Krasovskaya, our translator.
In addition, we will be doing our schedule pickup differently. Please see below for specific details on our socially-distanced plan (please remember to wear a mask and limit 1 adult to accompany any student):
• All students in GRADES 6-11 should sign up for a 10 minute appointment on either August 25th or 26th during which they will get their school photo taken, turn in any materials still in their possession from last year, pick up a yearbook from last year if one was ordered, receive a planner and class schedule, and any additional materials available. We are using the conference time tool for this as well.
• NEW STUDENTS should also sign up for a “device swap” or “device pickup” appointment on August 21st. At this time, students new to the district will pick up their Chromebook. Students who attended a VPS elementary or middle school will turn in their iPad and receive a Chromebook.
• In addition, new students should sign up for a device/technology virtual orientation on August 31st.
• SENIORS should sign up for an appointment on August 24th. We will not be doing photos for seniors on this day, but will work with seniors on an alternative to our whimsical senior photos in the near future.
Click here for the link to sign up for orientation, schedule pickup, device swap/pickup and device orientation.
Below is the URL for our webpage, as well as the URL for our Remote Learning portal.
(This is currently being updated to reflect the 2020-21 school year)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Parents should sign up for a Canvas account here.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Click here for the free and reduced lunch application form. We encourage all families to complete these forms, as we want all students who are eligible to access nutritious school meals. In addition, students on free and reduced lunch are eligible for programs such as the College Bound Scholarship, etc. Completed forms should be returned to VSAA, either at schedule pickup, or any weekday during school hours.
Click here for the Youth Opportunity Pass application. This pass offers access to C-Tran and City of Vancouver recreational facilities. Completed forms can be emailed to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or Lori.email@example.com or can be returned on schedule pickup day or any day thereafter during school hours.
“The visionary starts with a clean sheet of paper, and re-imagines the world.” Malcom Gladwell
VSAA Bell Schedule
3101 Main Street, Vancouver, WA 98663 • (360) 313-4600 • Attendance / Information Line (360) 313-1472 • Fax (360) 313-4601