Remodeling and expansion work are underway at VSAA. Highlights of the project include:
- Two-story addition, allowing the school to accommodate 200 more students
- New commons area and black box theater
- Six new classrooms: four in the former black box theater space, and two general classrooms and two science classrooms in the addition
- New entry off of the courtyard
- Increased parking at the school (64% increase in capacity)
- New points of entry and exit to allow for better traffic flow around school
- Dedicated drop-off lane
- New quarter-mile paved walking path with ADA access
Watch a presentation about the upgrades.
Pending any unforeseen construction delays, students and staff will begin using the addition in late 2021 or early 2022.