Dear VPS families,
We hope you and your loved ones are well. As we adjust to the challenges of our school closures and Gov. Inslee’s stay home order, which has been extended through May 4, we want to update you on what you can expect in the coming days and weeks.
Remote learning starts this week
- Your child’s teacher(s) will reach out soon (if they haven’t already) about remote learning.
- By Wednesday, April 8, your child’s principal will provide a link to a remote learning hub including lessons, assignments, resources, a recommended schedule and technical guidance. This link also will be located on your school website.
- You can find remote learning expectations here: elementary, middle, high school
- Everyone’s well-being is important. Please see our guidance for remote learning.
K-2 devices and learning packets
- Your school will notify you to pick up printed learning packets.
- iPads for K-2 students are being shipped to VPS. We anticipate they will be distributed in the next two weeks. You will be notified about the pickup schedule for iPads when this information is available.
- Visit the VPS Remote Learning Support website for guidance, learning app how-tos and login information.
- Need support? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
iPads for grades 3-5
- Your principal will contact you with a date and time to pick up your child’s device if you haven’t already done so.
Meal distribution and assistance
- Free grab-and-go breakfast and lunch bags continue to be distributed for students. See the schedule.
- Food pantries also are operating around Vancouver.
More information to come
We know you have many questions in this evolving situation. We promise to keep you updated. For the most current information, please go to vansd.org.