Staff members from around the district in June 2018 earned the National School Public Relations Association’s Publications and Digital Media Awards for outstanding educational communications. Vancouver staff members claimed honors in six categories. Winning submissions received an excellence award, merit award or honorable mention.
- Excellence award for the Vancouver iTech Preparatory website, created and maintained by Sara Neal, Tara Cox, Pat Nuzzo and Amanda Richter from the district’s communications office in partnership with iTech Prep’s Ian Hurst, Julie McFadden, Natalie Powell and Rhonda Wilmington
- Merit award for the Vancouver School of Arts and Academics website, created and maintained by Neal, Cox, Nuzzo and Richter in partnership with VSAA’s Malissa Sharp, Lori Rotherham, Jennifer Hockhalter, Deb Cushman and Angelique Sanders
- Excellence award for the language learning program brochures and merit award for the Vancouver iTech Preparatory brochure and postcard, created by Tara Cox
Excellence in writing
- Excellence awards for “A good dog” and “Solving the puzzle” by Amanda Richter
- Merit award for “At Skyview High School, a living legacy” by Pat Nuzzo
Print newsletter (external audience)
- Merit award for Inside Vancouver Public Schools, created by Tara Cox, Amanda Richter, Pat Nuzzo and Sara Neal
Special purpose publication
- Honorable mention for the re-engagement postcard, created by Tara Cox
E-newsletter (external audience)
- Honorable mention for Inside Vancouver Public Schools, created by Pat Nuzzo, Amanda Richter, Tara Cox and Sara Neal
Communicators from across the nation and Canada submitted more than 1,000 entries for the 2018 Publications and Digital Media Awards presented by NSPRA, a nonprofit professional organization advancing school communication. Approximately 650 submissions received recognition.
The contest is open to all public and private schools, districts, education service agencies and private businesses that partner with those organizations.